As part of the launch and operation of Dominion’s new domain name extensions, we are offering a rare opportunity for leaders in the industry to have advance access to new domain names by applying for our Founders Program. It is exclusive to industry leaders who wish to be recognized and promoted as innovators and first movers and strive to set themselves apart from their competition. They will be leaders in the development of a safe, trusted and memorable domain namespace for their community.
The goal of our Founders Program is to encourage the use and public awareness of the this new domain name extension, educate the public about the safety and authenticity of content on these top-level domains names and to promote our Founders as the leaders and innovators who are building safe and relevant content on these new top-level domain websites for our community.
To participate in our Founders Program, you must submit a fully completed application or a formal proposal including each element in this application on your company letterhead. Incomplete applications will not be considered. If your application is accepted for the Program, you will be required to sign a Founders Program Agreement.
Dominion Registries is committed to the promotion of our Founder websites. This promotion may occur in multiple online and offline venues within your industry and within the digital communities of advertising, search, marketing and the domain name industry. Our goal is to fully support our Founders with the promotion of their projects in as many ways possible.
Founder Requirements and Expectations
- Meet requirements as defined in our Registration Policies.
- Submit a quantifiable, robust marketing plan to promote the use of the new website.
- Promotions must use the full domain name as referred to with and including www.___________.BOATS to maximize public awareness of the new domain name extension and associate it with a complete website address.
- The website must resolve to the agreed upon designated domain name (it cannot be redirected to another website address). You can forward other domains to your designated domain name and website. We will be happy to assist you with resources for best practices in forwarding existing sites to a new domain name.
- Founders must agree to allow Dominion to use their name, logo and website address for promotional purposes.
- Issue a press release and/or participate in a joint press release with Dominion announcing the launch of your website and/or participation in the Founder Program.
- Allow Dominion to promote your website in various ways including press releases, advertising, videos, social media communications, case studies, etc.
- Dominion makes no warranties to the availability of any specific domain names.
- Dominion has the sole discretion to select Founder Program participants from eligible Applicants.
Click here to view and download the Founder Application
Click here to view and download the Founder Agreement